Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Two Quilts Finished!

These 2 quilt tops were made forever ago, and I've finally been able to do the quilting and finish them! It's so exciting to actually have a finish! 



 I wasn't sure how quilting would go after a 3 year break. I was happy my machine still ran pretty smoothly and it felt so good to be quilting again. 
 

The quilting on this second one isn't my fave. I don't love my thread choice & definitely feel like a need a bit more practice quilting again.  

But it made a little girl really happy. That makes me happy.



I'm also learning how to do the binding all by machine. I really hope that gets better with practice.
I've always had issues with my right hand, but after having a tumor removed from my thumb and growing too much scar tissue, I just can't hold a needle and do hand stitching anymore. Bummer.
I'm not loving my bindings right now, but I'm hopeful they'll get better.  

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What cute quilts, way to go. I think you still have the touch. If you need help with binding let me know. I love to bind, maybe we can trade binding for quilting. Keep me in mind.