Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fresh Cut Flower Boxes

Yes, more Fresh Cut.
Because I love it.
Add in some Amy Butler wallflower and a few others... Heaven.

I was inspired by a quilt on Flickr. I thought this would be a great way to use lots of my favorite fabrics. 
I quilted a flower in the middle of each of the center squares in a coral thread. Then I did loops with leaves all over the rest in green. Of course it has a minkee back.
This one is going to live with me. I can't wait to snuggle up on the couch with it and my Kindle.
And yes....I do have even more Fresh Cut on the way. I'm addicted.


Kris said...

Wow, great quilt, Allie!! I can see why you are keeping it for yourself!!!

Allie said...

Oh Allie this is just gorgeous - good for you on keeping it!

angela said...

So pretty - and I love those flowers! You did a fabulous job on them. Freehand?

I'll have to give Minky a try. It looks so snuggly. Does it shed after the first wash?

And what's on your Kindle :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Someone already said I'll give you a double WOW!! WOW!! I just got a Kindle from a wonderful friend. Now I just need your blanky for me....I'll send my address. I really like the way the quilting turned out.


VickiT said...

What a beautiful quilt. You're so lucky to have such gorgeous fabrics. I can't wait to have some extra cash so I can buy some of the wonderful fabrics myself. Soon I think.

Joanne said...

Once again, gorgeous!! I love my Kindle. Got it from my DD last year for Christmas. Kindle, quilt and a hot cup of tea. Yum yum.

Joanne said...

P.S. Every where I look (so far), I cannot find Fresh Cotton fabric. Where do you order/get your collections from? Please?

gnee @ Singing With Birds said...

Congratulations Allie, your awesome Fresh Cut made this week's Top 5 Hits. Come check it out, grab a blog button if you'd like and thanks for sharing this beautiful quilt!