Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fresh Cut Flower Boxes

Yes, more Fresh Cut.
Because I love it.
Add in some Amy Butler wallflower and a few others... Heaven.

I was inspired by a quilt on Flickr. I thought this would be a great way to use lots of my favorite fabrics. 
I quilted a flower in the middle of each of the center squares in a coral thread. Then I did loops with leaves all over the rest in green. Of course it has a minkee back.
This one is going to live with me. I can't wait to snuggle up on the couch with it and my Kindle.
And yes....I do have even more Fresh Cut on the way. I'm addicted.

8 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, great quilt, Allie!! I can see why you are keeping it for yourself!!!

Allie said...

Oh Allie this is just gorgeous - good for you on keeping it!

Angela Nash said...

So pretty - and I love those flowers! You did a fabulous job on them. Freehand?

I'll have to give Minky a try. It looks so snuggly. Does it shed after the first wash?

And what's on your Kindle :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Someone already said Wow....so I'll give you a double WOW!! WOW!! I just got a Kindle from a wonderful friend. Now I just need your blanky for me....I'll send my address. I really like the way the quilting turned out.

Billie

VickiT said...

What a beautiful quilt. You're so lucky to have such gorgeous fabrics. I can't wait to have some extra cash so I can buy some of the wonderful fabrics myself. Soon I think.

Joanne said...

Once again, gorgeous!! I love my Kindle. Got it from my DD last year for Christmas. Kindle, quilt and a hot cup of tea. Yum yum.

Joanne said...

P.S. Every where I look (so far), I cannot find Fresh Cotton fabric. Where do you order/get your collections from? Please?

Renée said...

Congratulations Allie, your awesome Fresh Cut made this week's Top 5 Hits. Come check it out, grab a blog button if you'd like and thanks for sharing this beautiful quilt!