Thursday, September 10, 2009

Work in Progress

I have always loved stars. I have made quite a few star quilts, mostly patterns I've just made up, but I had never made this style of wonky star. They've been on my to do list for quite a while.
I have been seeing them on Flickr a lot lately because of the Bushfire Quilt Project. I decided it was time to try them. They are so fun and addicting! After making a couple I thought I should look for a tutorial to see if there was a better way to do them.

There are a few great tutorials around, check out these two:
Quiltville
Tallgrass Prairie Studio (I love adding these extended stars!)
This is how far I got before I ran out of the white snowflake fabric I'm using as the background. (It is from the Figgy Pudding line.) Ugg. I've checked every fabric store around here and no one has any left. I ordered some online, so now I'm just waiting for it to arrive so I can finish. I'm no good at waiting, procrastinating-yeah, waiting-no.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Yes, procrastinating is much different than waiting, lol! Love your stars, I saw them with the Bushfire project too and fell in love with them. Yours look GREAT!